An employee attendance management system has an irreplaceable place in today’s modern, dynamic and fast-paced workplace. It may not seem to impact directly, but it actually plays a primal role in contributing to the productivity and profitability of an organization.
Posted July 7,2019 in Science and Technology.
An employee attendance management system has an irreplaceable place in today’s modern, dynamic and fast-paced workplace. It may not seem to impact directly, but it actually plays a primal role in contributing to the productivity and profitability of an organization. A trustworthy employee attendance management system ensures seamless and efficient operations, leading the company towards progress and prosperity.
Here’s what your organization stands to gains by having an employee attendance management system:
1.Tracking Employee Performance
With an employee attendance management system the HR department of your organization can find out if any of the employees come late at work, leave early, take leaves without prior approval, take more leaves than they are approved of, etc. An attendance management system is an easy and accurate way to be able to compute an employee’s salary, thus eliminating any scope of overpayment and underpayment of salaries. And if yours is an organization that has employees working in shifts, it gets nearly impossible to keep precise attendance records in absence of an employee attendance system.
2.Ease of calculations
With automated calculations, payroll becomes an easier process, leaving no room for discrepancy and error.
If one knows that they are being watched, they are sure to be more disciplined and punctual. Employees regularly arriving late, leaving early, skipping work often, engaging in buddy punching and other malpractices cost the company dearly. Not only are they themselves cheating, but it may also lead to fellow employees following suit. But with an automated employee attendance management system, such things can be kept at bay. If all the employees regularly arrive at work on time, the company is sure to note an enhancement in productivity, professionalism, and commitment.
4.Eliminate manual paperwork and filing
The absence of an automated employee attendance management system calls for maintenance of manual registers and difficult excel sheets for the purpose. And they are tedious, time-consuming and irksome.
5.Quick Remote Access
Having a cloud-based attendance system means you could access the employee attendance details from anywhere, anytime, making it possible to generate reports at any point in time. Such information enhances transparency and ease of vital decision making.
Things to consider when selecting a time attendance system
There are a wide variety of time and attendance software systems available in the market today. To be able to choose the most appropriate time attendance software for your organization, the following tips should help:
1. Clocking Versatility - The Time Attendance Software must be versatile and inclusive. The system should allow employees to be able to clock-in according to their preference. Like having a single biometrics fingerprint scan at the organization venue would cause inconvenience for an employee who is working elsewhere -say a meeting at the client’s office, or is traveling abroad for work. So time attendance system must be able to cater to all employees at varied situations.
2. Real-time - The system must be able to compute data in real-time, which can be accessed from anywhere, anytime.
3. Affordable & Scalable – It should be affordable, sustainable and scalable for years to come.
4. Integration – Companies might have usually invested in other solutions beforehand. The new incoming software must be able to integrate with them. Having a new software solution should not mean a change in other existing systems.
5. Effective User Management – User management must be practical, comprehensive and user-friendly.
6. Multi-Access – It is good to have access control limits on what information, what level of roles can view and access them.
7. Multi-Company – If your organization has multiple branches, single software must be able to cater to all your multiple offices.
8. Mobile App – It is wise to choose a time attendance system that has its mobile App. Such a feature comes handy when your organization has people working abroad, out of the office, from home or at different sites.
9. Cloud-Based – A cloud-based system can prove access to data at all times. The backup cannot get lost, nor can the data be manipulated.
10. Compliance – The software must be able to cater to labor law compliance, data protection compliance or any other compliance that your company/ country has to adhere to.
11. Calculation – It must be able to automatically calculate the payroll based on the rules that are applicable in your organization.
12. Notification – Certain software can notify managers about missed or late clock-in or clock-out, absenteeism, forthcoming over time. This can make it easy for managers to take immediate remedial actions if required.
13. Report – The system must be able to generate multiple reports regarding cumulative overtimes, late comings, absenteeism, etc. This way the organization can monitor the staff, find out labor shortages, improve scheduling, etc..
14. Data Transparency – A transparent time attendance system that allows both employees and managers access to data is a welcome move.
15. Support – The software must have a good and easily accessible technical support team that is available around the clock.
Now you understand the benefits a time and attendance software can get to your organization and features you should look for in a time attendance system, take no pains of searching the market for one. Cuckoo Tech is a one-stop answer. Cuckoo Tech is a great value for your money, yet suitable for the global workforce needs of the 21st century.
Do not wait to clear any doubts you may have, just call +91 022 4036 5432 to schedule a quick and free demo!